Monday, August 4, 2008

Feast fit for a Cajun Princess

My leading lady helped me to flash back to good family food. She mastered three of my favorite dishes. First....the pickled shrimp, a Grandma A classic. Secondly, the shrimp po-boy. Then, Grandma P's trademark....the custard pie. The shrimp were perfect; but, I didn't remember them being so rich (possibly the cup of olive oil)so couln't eat as many as I had planned. The po-boy was great because she knew the one little thing that makes it authintic for me -- the hot sauce. And the pie was the best. No one has yet mastered the custard pie. It only took a West Coast Mexican-American to do it!

The culmination of the weekend was a very unexpected present -- a bracelet. I love it and will wear it always! =)

So a big THANK YOU to D for a great weekend! I love you!

--
eb

No comments: