Thursday, May 15, 2008

Tales from the suck......

Tale #1: Customer A, we'll call him "Bubba", calls in for a cable package pricing. I give him the price -- $30 for Internet and $56 for cable. "Sir, the total package cost will be $86 plus taxes." Bubba proceeds to argue that I am incorrect, that $56 and $30 equates to $76. So, we argue back and forth, and I kindly tell him that we can do the math together if he'd like to get some paper. Needless to say, Bubba didn't take the sale. He's still counting his fingers and toes.

Tale #2: Customer B, Brad, a very "frat boyish" guy, calls in requesting Internet. I go over the pricing, with Brad accepting (he can count, he's a frat boy). I offer installation of early next week, Monday or Tuesday. Brad replies with, "well, I have the money today." Okaaaaay.... Brad: "If I wait until then, the money will be spent." No install was scheduled. I guess the parental check doesn't arrive until late next week.

This is the genius that I'm met with every day.......

--
dm

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I gotta tell you, I don't miss the Bubbas and the Brads! I do, however, miss YOU!!!