Thursday, April 24, 2008

Food and Family

I was lucky enough to visit the family in La. this past weekend for Grandma's 80th. It was a good time and I got to see a lot of people I hadn't seen in a very long time. I'm glad I was able to make the trip. Here is grandma back in the good old days:



I took mom to Oak Alley for lunch and drove by Felicite Plantation (Kate Hudson's "The Skeleton Key" was filmed here, only there is no bayou in the back):








A highlight of the trip was watching my Dads boil their first pot of crawfish together. They were excellent (the crawfish too)...... I was advised by a certain someone that I was not allowed to post the video the event itself so here is just a pre-boil picture:





Finally, I returned home to D who was laid up in bed with a strained back. Thankfully, she is doing much better now! I wasn't allowed a picture of her to share, though......

--
eb

No comments: