Thursday, September 11, 2008

'Where were you when the world stop turning..."


Sept 11, 2001. I remember leaving for work and hearing breaking news on the radio about something going on in NYC. I call D, who had just gotten off of her night shift and she sees on the news that a plane hit the World Trade Center. I remember thinking, just like the rest of us, wow, that is serious. Then another plane. Then another, then one collapse, then another plane, then another collapse. That day was filled with mixed emotions of shear terror, confusion, frustration, sadness. I cannot imagine being a direct victim of the attacks. What I do know, is that even seeing videos or pictures today, it still brings me to tears. Images and thoughts of that day remind me of why we entered into the two conflicts our country participates in. It reminds me that we need to continue to support those fighting for us. Of course, I do feel it is time to return home and take care of our country, but I also feel that as long as we are there, we should support of troops fully.



I am thankful for my bro -- serving in our US Navy. I am thankful for D's cousins --one serving in the Marine Reserves, and two in the Air National Guard (one of whom just returned safely from the front lines).

I hope that we all, despite natural events occurring today, remember that day and those who were lost.
--
eb

No comments: