Monday, July 28, 2008

Banana Bust

From the AP:


A plan to float a giant
helium-filled banana blimp over Texas has gone bust -- due to a lack of money.
Montreal-based artiest Cesar Saez says the banana plan is suspended.
He
says the whole attempt was to develop the idea of artworks in space.
The
plan to float a huge, inflated banana over Texas was announced in late 2006. It
called for a launch near Hermosillo, Mexico, this fall.
The San Antonio
Express-News reports the artwork, drifting eastward at about a 20-mile altitude,
would have been visible over Texas until it eventually disintegrated.
Saez
has said he wanted "to bring some humor to the Texas sky."
Points to ponder on this one:
  • Why a banana? Why not a tomato? It's a fruit, too, you know...
  • Why Texas? Of course, everything is bigger in Texas, bananas included I guess...

  • Why did it cost so much? Hmm, I dunno....maybe he decided to put gas in his car. Oh, no, he's an artist, so he probably has boycotted cars due to fuel. No, wait.....helium is a fuel, right?

  • Why is this news?????

  • WHY??? Just plain old WHY??

Should I have labeled this News of the Stupid? I mean, really, with all that is happening in the world, what is the point of this. This would bring no humor to my life. All it has done is allowed me to mock someone else. Okay, yes, NOW I can see the humor in it.....

Oh, an update....I learned something new today. A banana, botanically speaking, is not just a fruit....it's an herb! See, you just learned something just by tuning in to the antics of D&E!

--

eb

No comments: